Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pinterest Inspiration: Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore

As most of you know, I'm in love with my Crockpot.  As a mother of five ravenous children...and caretaker of one even more ravenous husband...The Crockpot is a savior in my kitchen.  Life is busy...and slowcooker meals take some of the edge off! ;)

But I don't want to just make the same things over and over, so I'm constantly looking for new recipes to try out!

So for today's

I chose this:
Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore by A Little Nosh
And here's how mine came out:

My family LOVED this recipe.  Seriously.  Even my picky five-year-old proclaimed this to be great...and even cleaned her plate!  I will definitely be making this again!  Woot!

The only changes I made for this recipe were omitting the red wine (since we don't have wine in our house...which probably affected the color of the final dish somewhat), and leaving out the mushrooms..because we didn't have any on hand.  (And although I think the mushrooms would have been great in this, I didn't miss them...and I'm sure Miss Picky was much happier with the lack of mushrooms!)  I also doubled the amount of vegetables I added...'cause we have a big family!

If you're looking for something yummy and simple, give this recipe a try!